Monday, January 26, 2009

Hunting for Spring!


I entered a photo from this shoot in the "Spring Hunter" Photo Contest for the Boutique Girlz this past month. We didn't win but I had a lot of fun coming up with an idea to fit the theme Spring Hunter. My idea was originally to have a Robin redbreast hunting for a worm, but that didn't work out when I couldn't find the right colors of tulle and feathers. So I did the best with what I had at hand and I made her a yellow chick.
For the contest I had chosen a picture where Kayla was holding up the worm (or should I say length of marabou -- please use your imagination since I could not for the life of me find a worm -- LOL ) because I thought it better fit the theme, but I actually liked this shot better. I also had fun making the tutu with matching tulle bow and catching up on my favorite t.v. shows that I had been too busy to watch with all the Christmas rush.
Now if only this was a real hunt and I could find Spring because it is very, very cold and snowy here, with more snow on the way and I am missing Spring very badly!

No comments:

Post a Comment